Hano here for it

Go down

Hano here for it

Post  Hanobear on Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:22 pm

Here I am @ noon...thinking of why my coffee tastes like soot.....response? Advice?

On a real note - I'm here for anything. You name it - I'm here. Just lemme know.

Hanobear
Admin

View user profile http://teutroix.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Hano here for it

Post  Talanai on Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:53 pm

You know, I don't drink coffee due to it's horrid smell after cooking, but I do admit the aroma of uncooked coffee beans is heavenly.

And I'm just at work alone in my department with a lot to do. anyone else?

Talanai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zephiro on Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:26 pm

Me too Tal
but im not alone, co-workers beside me
Zephiro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Talanai on Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:29 pm

Lucky. My coworker got a blood blister in his mouth after having his wisdom teeth removed this weekend and took off after an hour and a half of work to get it checked out, poor dude.

I work in a computer service center and him and I are the only full time workers

Talanai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zephiro on Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:31 pm

hehe
I also work in computer issues.

Software programmer, im currently in a web-service project (javascript, j2ee.... all that)
Zephiro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Talanai on Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:37 pm

oOOoh, that's the kinda work I'd like to do. Unfortunatly I'm still just a tech, but programming appeals to me.

Do you enjoy the work?

Talanai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zephiro on Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:42 pm

I love programming.

Well, i'm studying an engineering (System Engineering), i'm not supposed to "Be a programmer, that's for technicians yadah, yadah", but i really like programming and i see it as a hobby.

Are you learning som language?
Zephiro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Talanai on Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:45 pm

Not lately, I would like to get into c sharp and do some programing for the iphone. I just don't do too well just picking it up though and need some classroom instruction first. Which I imagine is tough to do if your programming as I'm sure they can't just teach you all of it in 3 or 4 months.

What systems/programs do you program for? You said web development project, anything noteworthy?

Talanai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zephiro on Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:06 pm

Nah, just boring web-based financial products for stock market and insurance companies.
last one though, i had to write a program that reads satelite data (data images) and convert it to temperature maps and show them graphically. Awesome XD.

I only use Java, mostly learned ir myself, ofc classroom gives you tools (like protocols, models, development eviroments), but most of your skill you get it yourself, hours and hours of looking trough Documentation, forums, books.

At least i love that, i feel sorry for people that are forced to... lol
Zephiro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Talanai on Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:33 pm

And that's what I love about my job too. There are some computer problems you don't have the answers for, having to research and find the answer is just very fufulling. That's why WoW is so much fun, it's not all spelled out, ya gotta figure it out for yourself or find someone who has. I just had a teacher for programming that never really helped us figure stuff out. Very by the book. Since I didn't understand what I was looking for and didn't have someone to help me know what to search for, I never truly followed programing and thus don't have much knowledge about it. One day I'd love to lay that foundation of workable knowledge and make something.

On a side note, I find it funny that we've derailed hano's conversation.

Talanai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zephiro on Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:11 pm

Yeah XD, Sorry hano, but this isn't your topic anymore XD.

XD I love talking of programming. Just the experience of writing thousands of lines, debugging them, and dealing with really, REALLY stupid problems (like a misplaced or missing Wink that just blow the application, lasting hours to find out....

And in the end, your program working as its supposed to... hehe it gives a lot of satisfaction knowing that you did it.... i guess that's what everyone feel when they finish something they love making XD.
Zephiro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum