Teutorix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unholy Raiding Guide

5 posters

Go down

Unholy Raiding Guide Empty Unholy Raiding Guide

Post  abiel Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:30 pm

This is a fairly new spec to me still, but I'm really starting to enjoy it a lot. To start, you'll need at least 2 ICC or T-10 pieces. Unholy Spec You can see my glyphs there too.

Rotation is extremely simple for the spec, but it's really important that you stay with it. Always make sure your Bone Shield and Horn of Winter are up. You'll be in Blood presence for this spec and always have your ghoul out. Rotation is:
Plague Strike -> Icy Touch -> Blood Strike -> Scourge Strike -> Blood Strike -> Death Coil -> HoW -> Repeat.
After your first rotation you'll have more runic power up so you can dump 2 and sometimes 3 Death Coils. Don't forget to keep HoW and Bone Shield up, as BS gives you 2% more damage, it is very noticeable.

For AoE fights, I do Death & Decay-> Plague Strike-> Icy Touch -> Pestilence -> Blood Boil -> Regular rotation. Pestilence puts your diseases on all the surrounding enemies.

For boss fights, I'm still kind of feeling out my CDs for different situations. On longer fights, I use my trinket right away and summon my gargoyle. Usually there's enough time for it to cool before Heroism is cast.

Death Knight Builds has some really useful spec resources, including a similar spec to this for less-geared DKs.

As far as gear goes, make sure you're hit capped (it's something like 296). I stack +20 strength gems for almost every socket, other than meeting my meta (I have a +10 all stats and a +10 str +10 crit gem to fill it). Obviously by seeing my gear, I'm using a 2h weapon, I'm pretty sure 3.3 killed DW DKs more or less.

I wrote this fairly quick so I might have forgotten something. Please feel free to correct anything you see wrong, ask questions, etc. I hope this is helpful![b]

abiel

Back to top Go down

Unholy Raiding Guide Empty Re: Unholy Raiding Guide

Post  Hanobear Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:32 pm

Good stuff Abiel - thank you.

I would like to see some more DK opinions on this. Smile
Hanobear
Hanobear
Admin

https://teutroix.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Deathshaft Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:48 pm

It was mentioned but here is a little more detail about your runic power!

Just make sure you aren't skipping out on using Death Coil! With the cool-down on your rune attacks (i.e. scourge strike), you have plenty of time to use Death Coil plus a Horn of Winter. However, you don't need to use HoW every rotation, I tend to skip it if I have enough Runic Power for two Death Coils, since this leads to actual damage! Letting your Runic Power sit at 100 is wasting some of your damage, especially with Death Coil hitting for around 4-8k damage!

Another key thing to add, is if you are getting hit by any bosses swipe attack, your Bone Shield ticks away. You have 4 hits on it before it vanishes. Keep an eye on your BS buff so that you keep the 2% damage increase. If you lose it mid-fight, simply add it in replace of a Scourge Strike (since BS takes 1 Unholy Rune). I am not 100% positive that this is the best way to incorporate it into your rotation, but it seems smart since you aren't getting out of the motion of your rotation!

For the spec that Abiel mentioned make sure you have Rune of the Fallen Crusader on your weapon at all times! The glyphs are shown on the link that he posted as well. It is very key you use the correct glyphs to help your damage! Blood specs are still pretty all right for raids, mainly due to the +strength bonus you get, if you don't like the Unholy spec. But this is the main DK spec for patch 3.3. I am currently pulling 6.7k dps in 10 man raids and over 7.8k+ in 25 mans. If you have any questions for me, feel free to post on here or send me a whisper in game to any of my toons!

Deathshaft, Thundershaft, Thundermage, Thundershack, Huntershaft.

Deathshaft

Back to top Go down

Post  Hanobear Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:51 pm

good points there about watching that buff go away death.....most don't do that.
Hanobear
Hanobear
Admin

https://teutroix.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Deathshaft Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:10 am

Also I didn't mention the Gargoyle. I simply through him in while my runes are on cool down the first time. So my rotation then is this:

IT > PS > BS > SS > BS > Gargoyle > DC (If you have 100 Runic Power you can use DC)

Deathshaft

Back to top Go down

Post  Holylaw Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:35 pm

Sounds about right Smile Unholy ftw

Holylaw

Back to top Go down

Post  Thenub Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:44 am

Honestly, In heroics my rotation is IT, PS, BS, BS, SS, DC RP Dump, Then I BS and spam BS/SS until IT and PS are close to fading/just faded, then by then RP dump and repeat. And for AOE I IT, PS, Pestilence, Blood boil then BS/SS/DC RP Dump. Is my method for single target necessarily horrible? Would I notice a much higher DPS increase by using a direct method? I tried the single IT, PS, BS, SS, BS, RP Dump repeat and my single target DPS seems much higher since I've done my own thing

Thenub

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down