Teutorix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gear Score Isn't the End All "Stat"

5 posters

Go down

Gear Score Isn't the End All "Stat" Empty Gear Score Isn't the End All "Stat"

Post  Hanobear Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:30 pm

Story of My Success WITHOUT Giving a Fuck About my GearScore

So with my top gear on I have a gearscore of 5500 almost. Fucking great, right? No... I was outputting around 3.5k HPS at all times. Fucking great, right? No...
I changed my gear around to get better ACTUAL stats in-game (that isn't my gearscore "stat"). My healing gear score depending on the fight now ranges between 4900
and 5200. Why? Because I care about my outputs and the actual relativity they have on a raid and my friends - the people I call "Guildes."

Same thing with my boomkin gear.....5300 with OH SO TOPS AMAZING OMFG gearscore "stat." LIke WTB more own? no - I don't
Downgraded to better gear with set bonus' and relative stats and abilities. My dps went from 3.5k to 6.3k pretty solid. That's my offspec.

As a guild leader, yes gear score is helpful for base-lining, but with high relativity to your actual output. If you CAN improve your output by downgrading your gear,
hell yes, do it, by all means.

GEAR SCORE IS A RELATIVE TOOL. It is not the end all OMG awesome that everyone is making it out to be...stop saying OMFG my GS is this...OMFG my GS is that. I don't give a shit...I have the highest GS in the guild, and I don't give a fuck about it anymore. Use gear that works best for what YOU ARE DOING...and HOW IT CAN BE HELPFUL.

Start learning your classes and specs better. Start learning your rotation. Start learning what gear is good for you and will be helpful to us as a group. Stop being selfish, and start getting your shit on lock down.

The Theorycrafting forums exist - use them. If you have questions on what gear/set bonus/etc works, ask in the theory crafting section. If you have questions about your rotation, spec, etc - ask in the theorycrafting section.

AND STOP GIVING GEAR SCORE THE BE ALL-JESUS-OF-FUCKING-SCORES-AND-STATS. GG Rob, and Jason have a shitty gear score on most toons and specs....and they do better than you most likely. Smile

slash part rant on this
Hanobear
Hanobear
Admin

https://teutroix.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Gear Score Isn't the End All "Stat" Empty Re: Gear Score Isn't the End All "Stat"

Post  Hanobear Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:03 pm

Doing Research and knowing your class/spec/gear/ability > gearscore
Yes having gear helps, but it does not help that much if you can't use it to it's fullest ability.

Comments, concerns, etc?
Hanobear
Hanobear
Admin

Back to top Go down

Gear Score Isn't the End All "Stat" Empty Re: Gear Score Isn't the End All "Stat"

Post  bruden Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:17 pm

also like you mentioned the higher gear score item isnt always the best, some simply aren't itemized right for you compared to a slightly lower piece. gear score is not everything, the knowledge of what works best for your class and your play style are far more important.
bruden
bruden

Back to top Go down

Post  ZeroAngel Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:11 am

Hanobear wrote:Doing Research and knowing your class/spec/gear/ability > gearscore
Yes having gear helps, but it does not help that much if you can't use it to it's fullest ability.

Comments, concerns, etc?

Most defiantly agreed! For example, in arenas there are a lot of ret pallies using 2piece t10 to help their dps out. lol!
ZeroAngel
ZeroAngel

Back to top Go down

Post  Hanobear Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:13 am

PvE talk - take your PvP chitter to that forum. ^_^ <3
Hanobear
Hanobear
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hanobear Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:18 pm

Gear Score Isn't the End All "Stat" Gamer-Gary-GEARSCORE-MEANS-NOTHING-TO-ME
Hanobear
Hanobear
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Thenub Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:07 am

I agree with your original post, but...to get into any kind of raid on this realm it seems the going rate is 5k gear score

Thenub

Back to top Go down

Post  bruden Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:07 am

Thneub wrote:I agree with your original post, but...to get into any kind of raid on this realm it seems the going rate is 5k gear score
not really, those are just the ones that the leader wants to be carried in. I've gotten into some ICCs that didn't require 5k, and dropped bosses.
bruden
bruden

Back to top Go down

Post  Thenub Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:45 am

bruden wrote:
Thneub wrote:I agree with your original post, but...to get into any kind of raid on this realm it seems the going rate is 5k gear score
not really, those are just the ones that the leader wants to be carried in. I've gotten into some ICCs that didn't require 5k, and dropped bosses.
Then maybe there is hope for me to get in sub 5k. I've always been told its a waste of time to even try without a 4.9k

Thenub

Back to top Go down

Post  bruden Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:20 pm

last night my pally with about 4.7k got into an ICC 25 and raped, no ret pally loot dropped though, sadly. Razz

But yeah, it's not a lost cause to try to get into groups without an uber gearscore, you just gotta keep trying till you find the group where the leader isn't some ahole trying to get his alt carried through the place.
bruden
bruden

Back to top Go down

Post  Emiris Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:32 pm

5k+ required gearscore runs are the worst. Most of the time, you down stuff, but if you actually pay attention to what's going on around you, it's some of the sloppiest play you could see. You only down stuff because your dps are putting out 150-200% of the required dps, your tanks have an insane amount of mitigation, and your healers could heal the place in their sleep (well, if people didn't decide to stand in the fire).

Emiris

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down