Icecrown Citadel

Go down

Icecrown Citadel

Post  Deathshaft on Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:03 pm

Just thought some people would like to see a post for Icecrown Citadel!

So far, ICC is getting more and more tough. I have managed to down up to Professor Putricide so far in a good pug. It's super intense and neither of the fights are super easy. So don't get frustrated if you are with a group that only downs first wing! Many guilds on our server have only downed one or two bosses past first wing. Of course there is an exception with guilds like Inertia. (Gag)

If you would like to get a good feel for the boss fights, go to http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f206/ and watch their videos! They make everything look way easy, but they are amazing themselves. Watch all of the ICC videos if you don't know the fights. Even though I know that the best way to learn a fight is to actually do it, it's just a good way to show you the basics of the fight.

All though I am a big fan of believing that gear is not everything, that is pretty much pushing it for the 2nd wing and beyond of ICC. Festergut and Rotface are both dps races. Those are the only fights I have done, but according to other forums, the other fights are even more demanding on dps. So if this means clearing the first wing of ICC every week for 3 months so you can get all of your Tier 10 gear first, then looks like it will have to do! I have learned that doing my daily random every day is much needed to upgrade my gear as fast as I can. It's annoying, but for once gear is needed to up player's dps!

But make sure you read Hano's gearscore rant, because it's entertaining and true! If you are getting better gear but it's pointless (like it has 100 hit and that's it for an upgrade) it's not worth it! Be smart, don't try to just cap your gearscore out so you can be the "best" geared player in guild. Bragging rights are fun, but not if you fail.

All in all, this was worth the wait for the last raid before Cataclysm. Be a smart raider, listen to the leaders, learn the fights, PAY ATTENTION. If you are dpsing Marrowgar when the spikes are up, it's not helping your group complete the raid! Stuff like that will probably put you at the top of the charts, but that doesn't matter if you aren't downing a boss! Have fun with it, it is a game after all, and good luck!

Deathshaft

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Icecrown Citadel

Post  Hanobear on Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:05 pm

Tank spot videos are VERY helpful. They are informative, and will explain most of things you need to know for a fight. For the most part, great post! Thank you once again, sir!
Hanobear
Admin

View user profile http://teutroix.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Zephiro on Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:10 pm

Well, before i went to Ulduar, i watched some vids of leviathan Kolo and yogg.
Nothing from what i saw there was enough preparation for what i experienced fighting Leviathan for the first time in that 10 man guild run.
My point is that (at least for me) you have to be there to actually know what to do.
Zephiro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Deathshaft on Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:23 pm

Agree with you for sure Zeph! I watch the videos and don't listen half the time since there is so much talking! I mainly do it just to see what happens once. But each time I go to a new encounter it is a whole new experience no matter if I watch the video 25 times! If you are able to reach the last bosses in each wing before long though, it is smart to try to watch the videos a bunch of times before hand. Right now you only have a total of 15 attempts for Blood Queen and Putricide. So it's very hectic!

Deathshaft

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hanobear on Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:42 am

Agreed 100% with Zeph!
Hanobear
Admin

View user profile http://teutroix.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content