Teutorix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Can't decide...

3 posters

Go down

I Can't decide... Empty I Can't decide...

Post  Cagome Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:52 pm

well here is my problem i just recently made a lock but i have no clue what spec is best for max damage. anyone got any suggestions. currently i am destro, but i realy like the ideas of lots of dots as affliction. and also the idea of having a pet do as much damage as me and having crazy burst as demo at 35% intrigues me also.

anyone got any suggestions?

Cagome

Back to top Go down

I Can't decide... Empty Re: I Can't decide...

Post  Shandaleah Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:17 am

I leveled my lock as demonology and switched to destruction once I hit 80. I've been very happy as a destro lock but in doing my research i've read that affliction is doing insane dps right now. I recently switched specs to check it out. The damage for me is pretty neck and neck. If you like dots with slow but max damage; affliction would be the way to go. Its too slow for me so I went back to destro and redid my rotation giving me a little bit better dps. I have raided with affliction locks who are putting out 5-6k dps with the same lvl gear as me. I'm only putting out 3-4K. I still have some things to work on in my dps. But from talking to other locks its pretty much what you are comfortable with because both specs are really close right now.
Shandaleah
Shandaleah

Back to top Go down

Post  Legorp Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:46 pm

Legorp

Back to top Go down

Post  Hanobear Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:19 pm

Boss fights - Affliction
Trash and 5 mans and some boss fights - Destro/Affliction
Leveling - Demon
Hanobear
Hanobear
Admin

https://teutroix.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Shandaleah Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:06 pm

So where should I look for the best spec and rotation? I've looked all over, read a crap load of forums and even tried affliction but my dps was worse than my destro spec.
Shandaleah
Shandaleah

Back to top Go down

Post  Hanobear Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:28 am

affliction is only good on boss fights that are 2+ minutes IMO....all the rest of the time - yea your deeps will be worse...prolly much worse.
Hanobear
Hanobear
Admin

https://teutroix.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum