Teutorix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

icc progression

4 posters

Go down

icc progression Empty icc progression

Post  alschara Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:43 am

so far we have done well with what we have. We have first wing on farm status, it now takes us only an hour to clear it, we have downed festergut, and nearly downed rotface.

so the question i am posing is, should we use the lockout extension to help us down the other wings?

this method is now a viable option with the removal of attempt limits for wing end bosses in icc, it would reduce raid fatigue, and allow more flexibility to schedule the continuations.

the con is that we would no longer receive loot from the bosses we have downed.
the pro is that we could focus on learning the bosses,without the fatigue of an hour downing the previous wing, we would have a larger time window for doing icc, and it would be easier to keep the same people in a raid if they are locked out of pugging.

this is not something to be considered lightly, if it is done it will mean a restriction of emblems and gear to the particular toon saved to this id. you must be willing to forgo the gear you could get in the first wing, and the loss of 8 emblems+ per week for the sake of guild progression.
this is just a topic for discussion and no plans are being made to implement this within the guild, it came to me while i was showering this morning.

discuss!!

alschara

Back to top Go down

icc progression Empty Re: icc progression

Post  Praetori Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:44 pm

There is still a lot of gear in the first wing people need, plus the badges. I don't think this would be as beneficial as running it over the course of more then 1 day if we are unable to get the bosses down in a rapacious enough manner to prevent the fatigue you speak of.

Praetori

Back to top Go down

Post  Talanai Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:17 pm

Until we start trying for achievment runs I don't think we should extend raid lockouts. There's too much at stake to loose the 8-10 emblems when we are still in desperate need of tier 10 gear. Once you get the more active raiders their tier 10 stuff I think we should look at extensions.

Talanai

Back to top Go down

Post  bruden Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Praetori wrote:There is still a lot of gear in the first wing people need, plus the badges. I don't think this would be as beneficial as running it over the course of more then 1 day if we are unable to get the bosses down in a rapacious enough manner to prevent the fatigue you speak of.

my thoughts exactly.
bruden
bruden

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum